First written reference from 1249
Population 14, 346
Area 6, 404 ha.
Altitude 573 m
Historic town center in 1950 became town monument reservation
Town Wall almost completely preserved, 6 of 15 bastions and watch-towers have been preserved as well as three gateways: Kosicka, Polska and Menhardska Gateways.
Parts of the town Levoca, Levocska Dolina, Levocske Luky, Zavada
Situation in the north of east Slovakia, district of Presov, 48 km west of Presov
Tourist trail "Gothic Route" ,267 km long, in the Spis and Gemer region
Destinations Levoča - Bratislava 370 km
Levoča - Košice 90 km
Slovak anthem The anthem of the Slovak Republic, "Nad Tatrou sa blyska", was for the first time sung in the Levoca lycée in the 19th century.
Bank note On the front side of one-hundred-crown note, there is a picture of Madonna from the main altar in the St James's Church, made in Master Pavol's workshop. On the back side of the bank note, there are some features of the St James's Church and the Town Hall, as well as the illustration of a gothic stone head from the vestry of the old Minorites church.